Definition of Cool Aid or C-A: Perceived realities based on hope, dreams, expectations and desires.
What makes C-A more potent?
1. Intensity of Need
2. Real or perceived expectation of eminent adverse Economic and/or social chaos
3. Group Think - Group Support:
4. Hype - expectation of grandiose reward
5. Peer Pressure: Manipulation of group members to retaliate or fear of retaliation including expulsion from group.
Symptoms of C-A Victims:
1. Animosity toward anyone that refuses to embrace the ideology or "Drink the Cool Aid"
2. Absence of accurate reporting: Twisting, Spinning or Coloration of the Truth.
3. Fabrication of supporting documents, stories and general spinning of the facts.
4. Irrational behavior - social
5. Blind acceptance of a belief, argument or philosophy in the absence of critical analysis
6. Unwitting acceptance of information without investigation or due diligence.
1. Remove individual’s access to C-A - difficult to impossible